Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Wedding Albums with a special twist

If you're engaged to be married or know someone who is getting married, read some exciting news below!

The ultimate way to enjoy and preserve quality professional images of your wedding day is the photo album. The "traditional" album ... maybe one like your parents have with individual photos stuck into a binder ... has given way to press-printed publications that resemble coffee table books in quality and size. Designing the new albums is much easier than ever. Skilled designers can take beautiful photographs and create something truly special that can last for generations.

But it got me thinking. A picture is worth a thousand words, but what about supplementing the images, from engagement portraits to the end of the wedding day, with actual words? How about tastefully captioning the photos, but also incorporating a brief narrative about how a couple met? What about telling a complete story, not only to reinforce a couple's memories of how their love began but also for their children and grandchildren? The thought got me excited! I know my wife and I would have benefited by getting our details in writing along with our photos. Such a product goes beyond the basic wedding to tell Your Story.

Even further, it allows me to contribute my photography, graphic design, writing/editing/reporting skills into one glorious tribute to my clients. I'm currently working on a prototype album. I am offering this new, exciting product at no extra charge to three couples who hire me as their wedding photographer within the next six months (the wedding can be in 2010). The experience will help me further develop the product, and the couples will receive a professionally produced storybook of their wedding days. My plan is to also produce a smaller companion album that takes images from the larger one and offers them in a more portable format for sharing with friends, family and co-workers.

So if you are getting married, but have not yet hired a professional photographer, or you know someone who's looking for one, please send the couple a link to this blog post. My main Web site is www.toddovermanphoto.com, where you can view examples of my work.

I can't wait to put this idea into action! It is initially being offered only as part of wedding coverage, although the possibilities of storybooks for high school senior, family and first-year portraits excite me, too.

No comments: