Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Turning 40


Here a couple of my friends at their house. The guy in the grass skirt was celebrating his 40th birthday with a luau-inspired party. Was a blast.

My birthday is in a couple of weeks. I won't be turning 40 yet, but close enough. I've been wondering if the milestone would even mean anything if we didn't keep track of how old we are. Guess we'd still be "feeling" our age even if we didn't know what it was.

Turning 30 (years ago) was no big deal for me. Forty probably won't be, either, even if my career isn't where I want it to be. In the long run, our careers leave little behind. The people we touch are our legacy. And as more of my friends turn Geezer, that's a good thing.

When you've got a milestone in your life, please consider me as your photographer to document the special occasion. From weddings to family portraits, reunions to sporting events, contact me at todd@toddovermanphoto.com.

No comments: