Sunday, August 16, 2009

Going for gold




2004 Olympic Champion gymnast Carly Patterson, 21, now a rising singing star, performed on Saturday, Aug. 14, 2009, at Bear Creek Park in Keller, Texas. About an hour or so away as she was on stage, the 2009 Visa Championships took currently competing gymnasts to the mat. I wonder if she was thinking about that while singing Saturday night? Once a gymnast, always a gymnast.

Her music was pretty cool, and her backing band rocked the park. I'd compare it to Kelly Clarkson's music, but it doesn't sound that ticked off. With the right promotion, I think she'll do pretty well. She provided enthusiastic between-song banter and even shared some of the back stories with songs she wrote. I stayed for the opening songs before moving on to my next assignment of the night (photos to follow), but what I caught sounded pretty good.

No comments: