Friday, November 6, 2009

Who knew that pumpkins float?


I meant to get these posted before Halloween, but here they are! The Keller recreation center hosts a "Pumpkin Splash" every year for kids to swim, pick out pumpkins and decorate them leading up to H'ween. It's cool to see pumpkins floating in the indoor pool.


Kids love picking the pumpkins out of the pool, too.


This mom had her hands full with twin girls.


As the daylight faded and stopped streaming through the glassed walls, I had to get overcome the cave-like atmosphere. For this shot, I waited for the people to appear over the underwater lights. High ISO, a slowed shutter and a deep breath and it turned out OK.


After picking their pumpkins, participants could decorate them with paint. A mess, for sure, but not nearly as bad as carving jack-o-lanterns would've been. This was my first time at the Splash, never being able to make it while I was editor at the local newspaper. I took these photos for the city to use in promotional materials next year if they choose.

No comments: