Saturday, November 7, 2009

The Help Portrait

The first time I heard about the Help Portrait, I was skeptical that offering a free portrait to someone who can't afford one would really help them. But reflecting on the fact that I've seen when photos can mean the world, I've humbly changed my mind. What possession do people historically grab first when they are forced to leave their homes? Often it's the family photo album. When a loved one passes, photographs take us back to the joyful times we spent with them. Photos provide a link to a past we've never known, too, as I can see that I could have inherited my freckled face from a great-grandfather.

The process is simple:
1. Find someone in need
2. Take their portrait
3. Print their portrait
4. And deliver them.

The first step is where I'd like your help. The official event is on Dec. 12, and I'd like to take the portrait on or near that date. If you know of anyone in need who would cherish a portrait of themselves or their family, you may nominate them by sending an e-mail to me at todd (at) toddovermanphoto.com. Please include their name, their city of residence and reason why you think they would benefit from a portrait. If chosen, I will need help in contacting your nominee to do the portrait and deliver the final image. When you nominate someone, you are qualified for a half-price professional photo session* from me (a savings of $125!) that must be used by the end of this year.

I will take nominations until Saturday, Dec. 5, 2009. Please help me help someone in need for the holidays! It's also a great time for you to update your own family portrait at a special price!

*This is a full-blown photo session, but does not include print credits or other promotional offers. Other restrictions may apply!

No comments: