Thursday, September 24, 2009

Group perspectives


This was a photo I was asked to take at the last minute. That, coupled with the fact that I should have been doing something else, caused me to overlook things such as feet and hand placement. But thankfully, these ladies are all photogenic, had pleasant expressions and all their eyes were open. Who can really ask for anything more?

I've taken a lot of group photos, and the best perspective seems to be from at least slightly above your subjects (especially for us otherwise short people). Main issue with shooting where I did was that the floor is extremely reflective. I had to photoshop out the reflections of two strip lights behind them. Other than that, this is what it looked like out of the camera. Success!

None of these ladies needed any help with looking fine, but having subjects look up into the camera can stretch out necks and faces ... a good technique for slimming those who could use a little bit of that.

No comments: