Friday, September 11, 2009

Crossing a bridge!


The covered pedestrian bridge at Bear Creek Park in Keller has got to be one of the most over-photographed things in town (aside from the old water tower). Today during my lunchbreak I attempted to find a slightly different angle that didn't require getting in the ditch in front of it (which I've done before) or climbing a tree. A little more depth of field with a family on bicycles, along with a clear blue sky, would make this shot perfect for me.

I've taken a different shot before with City of Keller workers in a boat tied to the bridge, working to free debris washed down under the bridge after heavy rains. That's something you don't see every day!

Trying to find another angle on something that's photographed over and over is a real challenge. Take structures such as the Eiffel Tower in Paris, or the Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco. All you can hope for is either an interesting sky or some other object walking/driving/floating past to add something new to oft-retreaded images. Putting your family in front of the Leaning Tower of Pisa might work, but will it really be interesting? I don't know ... fly us over there and I'll let you know. :-)

No comments: