Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Caught in the rain!





The rain stopped briefly yesterday, so I decided to head out to take some photos for a city-related project I'm working on. Went to the historic area and got some shots of houses (and ended up talking to the resident historian, which was cool), then decided to head to the Keller ISD Athletics Complex for a few quick photos. Was cloudy yesterday, but still "dry" as I took a few photos from one end of the field (first photo above). The I decided to head up to the stands in front of the press box for an overall shot (second photo). Then, of course, it started to rain. Hard. My car is highlighted in the cropped image (third photo).
I'm not skeered of raindrops, but my camera gear doesn't like it. Had my camera and lens, with the bag back at the office. Traveling light, don't you know? Ended up putting my cam under my shirt as I made my way back to the car. Such is the life of an intrepid photographer!
Moral to the story: if there's even the slightest chance of rain, protect any sensitive equipment. Better yet, put off until tomorrow what wasn't safe to do today!

No comments: