Friday, May 8, 2009

Ladies celebrating Jesus and their sisterhood






I had the pleasure of photographing the annual women's spring luncheon at my church recently. Taking my cameras allowed me to serve without actually having to serve, which my brothers in Christ did, dutifully providing the ladies with plates of dessert or refilling their tea/coffee/water.

My favorite part was watching the varied ages mingle and enjoy each other. Most of the time, the teens hang out with their friends, the moms hang out with other moms, the grandmothers chill with the older gals. While that is natural and was evident as far as where they sat, it was a chance for them to all come together as equals. And they did.

The men of the church get together every month for a special breakfast fellowship. I haven't been able to go in sometime, but it's always a pep rally for the soul. They also embarked on a fishing trip recently; the rain dampened the angling opportunities but the Christian male bonding was still there. If you live in the Fort Worth area and are looking for a church, I encourage you to visit. Send me a message and I can give you any details you need!

These photos are just a sampling. If it's a wedding or an event like this, I often end up with a handful of photos of being taking photos. Little pocket digicams are just too convenient! Last year while photographing the Bone Marrow Transplant Foundation's annual conference, I was asked to use someone else's camera to photograph them. I guess the ultimate would have been to get a photo of me doing that!

No comments: