Thursday, October 16, 2008

Just a couple snapshots



We usually have a camera on hand at the house, just in case there's a "Kodak moment" we want to shoot in a hurry (side note: I guess I should call them "Canon digital SLR moments" because that's what I use). These are just two from a series of about five keepers from eight or so shots. This is an example of what I call "filling in the gaps" between professional portrait sessions.

The images from this impromptu session at home show my boys being themselves, relaxed and having a good time. For clients, this is the kind of emotion I try to capture, especially of children, because it shows the essence of who they are. While studio shots definitely have their place, I think images like these are the ones treasured over time, when the kids are all grown up.

No comments: