Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Brrrrrrrrr!


I got to work at my part-time consulting job this morning to find steam rising off the pond. Grabbed my camera (it helps to have it with me) and took a few shots to capture the moment. It reminded me that:

1. Shooting directly into the sun takes some care.
2. Human eyes, even for those of us who need glasses, can capture much more than a digital sensor.
3. The digital sensor on one of my sensors needs a bath, big time!*

Bring on the cold weather! Or not. It's supposed to warm up close to 80 degrees both days this weekend. That's actually good, because I've got a photo session on Sunday afternoon that will go much easier with pleasant temperatures.

*Digital camera sensors can be dust magnets. With a digital SLR, swapping lenses in unsavory places can cause a buildup of dust, hair and wingdings that show up in your photos when you shoot at a small aperture (larger number) against a light, untextured surface, such as the sky. In the photo above, I used Photoshop to clone out most of the dust bunnies.

No comments: