Sunday, February 8, 2009

Like a pep rally for romance


This is my wife's diamond and my wedding band, shot on a window sill in our bedroom with a Canon 100 f/2.8 macro lens (a tool that helps render objects in life-size). We'll be married 10 years this April.

On Jan. 31, I had the chance to photograph the wedding of a wonderful couple. It was obvious they are very much in love, something I enjoy feeding off of while doing my job. Makes it easier when it's easy to believe a newly minted married couple will go the distance. In fact, that feeling is a major reason I enjoy working weddings.

It's like a pep rally for romance. In the case of this wedding, not everything went right with the ceremony. But the important things were perfect and that's what matters. And the reception? A genuine celebration, for sure. I'll upload a few photos here if I can pick from all of them! There was a lot to capture.

In a changing world, there are some things that never change. Our hearts are all looking for something to fill themselves with. Love will do.

1 comment:

Mrs. Case said...

I must say, her ring style is VERY popular right now so I must give her credit for being ahead of the fashion trends ten years ago! I picutre your wife to be quite stylish!