Thursday, October 15, 2009

My partner in crime




My household has gotten bitten by the flu bug pretty hard. After my wife and older son got the flu, it was only a matter of time before it bit me. Fortunately, when the younger boy started to get feverish, we were able to get medicine to squash the bug before it took over. The end result is the same: he and I have been home together trying to recover.

The orange on his face is marker – his immediate reaction when finding any marker is to draw on himself. Lately that's included his face, legs and feet. He is really a fun, crazy kid! He has been talking coherently enough for meaningful conversations since he was 18 months old (he turns 3 this December). Still, he can't explain his fascination with body art.

Thankfully, I'm feeling a lot better but am not yet 100 percent. The timing has just about knocked out any chance of us attending this year's State Fair of Texas – even though we've got the free tickets to go. Real disappointed about that! This is the last weekend, and Saturday being the Texas-OU game I'm not sure we will be up to braving the crowds. That is, if I'm up for leaving the house.

No comments: