Monday, September 22, 2008

Shooting for a worthy cause







I had the pleasure of being the official photographer for the BMT Infonet/National Marrow Donor Program's "Celebrating A Second Chance At Life" symposium this past weekend in Dallas. The event was attended by cancer survivors who had experienced bone marrow transplants and are now coping with the challenges that remain, physicians, nurses, caregivers and parents and spouses of patients. These days, everyone has had cancer touch them in some way, whether directly or through friends and family members. It was no surprise that the conference appealed to such a diverse group of people.

Earlier this year, I photographed a cancer survivor for BMT Infonet's annual calendar. With the conference coming close to my home turf, they asked me to photograph the conference as well.

The images above are just a few samples from the hundreds of photos I took over the two days.

No comments: